onsdag 1 december 2010

One rule.

A very western phenomenon in my eyes is the one where it is soooooo important to place oneself and others in different categories. Its expected of you that you should know exactly what kind of music you like, if you are an animal activist, or if you like putting black makeup on yourself and what type things you avoid like different shops, foods, clothes or people just so that you can define yourself. Like evething else. Even your relations. People tend to reliquish things they like just to fit in some stupid idea of society's box. Or their a box they've created themselves to be an individual. Being an individual is doing things that really give you pleasure without putting handicapping boundries. Its important to see oneself as a person and not a category.

We are aware of universal stereotypes about men and women. I'd like to say the same thing here. Why this division? Pink is feminine, blue is masculine, flowers are feminine, hammers are masculine, women gossip, men don't (haha), women are vain, men aren't, women should be slim, men should have muscles, women don't fart (what the fuck? Its natural), men do......the list is long. Bottomline is there have always been, in my opinion inhumane expectations on women AND men. Most of the time women are looked down upon. Why is the word "ladies" used in a depreciative manner. Many women feel proud to be called "tomboys" but the case is not vice verca. Not even gay men feel comfortable when their sexual orientation is questioned. Why is it aggrading if a woman is called a man and degrading if man is called a woman? Especially womens consumtion is looked down upon. Even men consume ALOT but their consumption is never questioned or even seen as a problem. One thing that bugs me is that feminists always blame the degraded position of women on men and forget that women are no passive creatures when it comes to developing the society. I'd call that chauvinism and the "big" news is that there are as many chauvinist men AS women. Feminism isn't about lifting up women as a higher caste of mankind or about women trying to be men, its about seeing men AND women as persons.

I've allways loved playing with cars, guns and i've even wresteled with my cousin and my brother. I love movies that ususally are categorised as boy movies (not for the reason) and I do fart and burp ALOT (even my boyfriend thinks that i'm disgusting sometimes....hihi), I love everytime I see a muscle popping up on my body, I love eating (no matter where the food is from), I love buing clothes and shoes, I love doing and watching sports, I've always been goal orientated and taken the first step when it comes to guys i've liked in the past and not waited for the guy to come to me, I've allways felt insulted when a man has called me beautiful (never proud as I've felt my personaity to be belittled as its just the genes) I hate making my hair in the morning (which my brother loves to do), am I a tomboy? been called that before and to that I answer that "I am a woman and very proud of if!"

Femininity should be enjoyed, it's nothing to be ashamed of!

Inga kommentarer: