lördag 4 april 2009

I just love condensed milk. I've grown up with it as most Indian/Punjabi sweets are made of milk, which is condensed by cooking, sometimes until its dry. And yes it tastes much better than the canned one, because of its natural texture and sweetness regulation according to your taste. Anyways I bought two cans of condensed milk and wanted to do something creative with it. I found a very easy recipe of a cake on the Internet.

As I only use recipes for inspiration and I never follow them completely. I always experiment. They usually work as I imagine the taste in my head, and try to combine different tastes because good food is my passion. So this time I used this very easy recipe and did nothing more dramatic than increasing the amount of butter (as always), putting lemon peel and lemon juice in the batter to enhance the taste of condensed milk. I also cooked a little condensed milk in a pan without the tin to make it thicker. I then glazed the cake with this frosting. I also added a pinch of salt to reduce the smell of eggs.

The final product is very easy to do something creative with. Anything could work this...fruits, berries, nuts, chocolate.....

Here's the recipe

Inga kommentarer: