tisdag 5 maj 2009

Substitute for lo....school

I was complaining to a friend of mine about the fact the nobody has called me ever since I quit working as a daycare assistant. I called various schools to confirm my availability as a substitute when needed but it seemed like my assistance was unwanted, until three o'clock this afternoon when a lady asked me to be a subsitute for her on friday. I was filled with joy!!!

But then I started thinking about how much time has passed since I touched any of the mathematics, geography and biology books. Back in the days I was a topper when it came to maths and biology, but now I just know a bit about religion and psychology. When I thought even harder another thing struck me, what if these 5 graders know more than me??

But does it really matter if a 10 year old knows more than a 25 year old. No, not really. I just have to admit in front of the class about stuff that I don't know anything about. It's hard to face the reality but I don't have any other choice and this is just the beginning of my career. I suppose there'd be more and even harder challanges to face in my coming profession.

2 kommentarer:

Nora sa...

Grattis till jobbet :)

sjätte sa...

Tack! Men det är bara för en dag ....